Re: Launching Applications

Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 09:37:52AM -0500, Mike Burger wrote:

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Aaron Konstam wrote:

I am afraid that is the lot of people with that slow a processor and
that amount of RAM running Shrike. RedHat is following the Microsoft
model that as machines get faster you build more hardware intensive
software to slow them down.

Just wondering, here, but if most of the apps, in question, aren't actually written by Red Hat, but merely compiled by Red Hat for inclusion in their distribution, how do you actually find credibility in that statement?

--

Its just a frustration for those of us with less powerful machines.
Red Hat does not have to write the software to include it in the

I would be glad to find someone who knows why this is happening. I
have looked and I am stumped. I get load factors of > 3 when top says
nothing is really running that is taking up more than a few percent of
CPU time.

it would be interesting to see what the perfomace of whitebox linux or similar is like ?

Dean