Re: Software Raid Problem

Thanks - I partitioned them yesterday using fdisk, but sfdisk looks like
the kind of thing i was looking for (just a faster way of doing it). I
then used raidhotadd to sync them, and checked using dmesg &
/proc/mdstat. I was just being lazy when i emailed the list, hoping for
a quicker way of doing all that.

You have to create the partitions before you can use raidhotadd.

im surprised that there is nothing in raidtools that just lets you
import a new disk instead of a failed one and automatically copy over
all partitions and sync all the data, in one go. i know this would be a
dangerous command but it'd be very useful. ah well.

:)

thanks for the help Justin & Arend!,
ivo.