Re: KDE and icons

Miroslav Skoric wrote:

Joshua Andrews wrote:

Go into KDE control center navigate to desktop select "Behavior" put a check in the little box above devices where it says display devices on desktop and select what you want it to do.

Thanks for help. Seems that works with CDROM.

What does not work, is with USB flash ROM (disk) of type USB 2.0 Mobile Disk by manufacturer TwinMOS-TTI. In fact, after being put into the USB socket, later it does appear within KDE's control center > Information > USB Devices. But, it is possibly not 'automounted' or like. How to make it appear on the desktop as /dev/sda (or like) as soon as it is put into the socket? Earlier, on Mandrake's 9.1 desktop, after connecting it to computer, I got an icon of 'harddisk sda1 not mounted'. The only thing was then to click on 'mount' so it could become fully operational. Now within RH9 I tried to make it in /etc/fstab something like:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/removable auto user,iocharset=utf8,kudzu,noauto,umask=0,exec 0 0

... just like within another Mandrake box, but without success.
Any suggestion?

Regards,

Misko

Right button click on your desktop and select "create new > hard disc" --point the link to /dev/sda1 --choose a mounted/unmounted icon, give it a name --done!

Also, I would remove 'auto' from the line in fstab.