Re: accessing localhost

Florian La Roche wrote:
On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 06:14:24PM -0800, redhat wrote:

I used to be able to type localhost, lokrin or lokrin.com into my
browser and call up my webpages.  I no longer can.  I have no idea what
I did to mess it up.  Now I get a 403 error "You don't have permission
to access / on this server."

What files do I or you need to look at to figure this out?  I can upload
files to the web and link them in email so that the emails aren't huge.

I only need to connect from the same computer, not via the web.  I also
do have webmin and usermin installed and can access webmin via
localhost:10000.

You probably have to change your config files to also allow
"localhost.localdomain" in addition to "localhost".

All that is due to the wy your /etc/hosts is written.

greetings,

Florian La Roche

Complete hosts file located here: http://transfer.lokrin.net click on "1info FAQs HOWTOs" then file "hosts".