accessing localhost

I used to be able to type localhost, lokrin or lokrin.com into my browser and call up my webpages. I no longer can. I have no idea what I did to mess it up. Now I get a 403 error "You don't have permission to access / on this server."

What files do I or you need to look at to figure this out? I can upload files to the web and link them in email so that the emails aren't huge.

I only need to connect from the same computer, not via the web. I also do have webmin and usermin installed and can access webmin via localhost:10000.