Re: Maybe OT: Missing or filed program

I wanted to add this portion on as well since I think the two maybe connected (as I continue to search for an answer). btw the line numbers are omitted (with xxxx).

configure:xxxx: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:2: parse error before "me"
configure:xxx: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| #ifndef __cplusplus
|   choke me
| #endif

Stuart Felenstein <stuart4m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not sure where to search for help on this one.
I'm trying to install Xine (dvd and video player), just mentioning this as a reference, I don't think the problem is particular to the program I'm installing.  I think I may have seen this before.  I'm not even sure it's a problem :)

One portion of configure.log

configure:xxxxx: gcc - conftest -INOME/include conftest.c -IFLAC -lm >&5
conftest.c xxxxx :FLAC/format.h: No such file or directory
configure:xxxxxx: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
/* confdefs.h */

So, my question (finally) is while I know that I do not have the FLAC installed, is that why confdefs.h is a failed program or is confdefs.h a whole seperate issue.  I found only one instance of confdefs.h under /root/.cpan /   further down.  My guess here (yep I'm a linux noob) is that confdefs.h is strung together by the configurator while it checks for various dependencies?

I will leave it at this and see if anyone can shed some light, before I confuse the issue any further.

Thanks
Stuart