Adobe PDF on RH9

I downloaded the Adobe PDF viewer (from Adobe) for Linux on my RH8
and RH9 machines.  On the RH8 machine I ran the install script
and it ran clean.  I could then change Nautilus to
open PDF documents with the Adobe viewer.  The Adobe viewer appeared
as one of the selections.  I was able to do the same for Mozilla.

I then repeated the exercise on RH9.  The install ran clean, but
the Adobe viewer did not show up on the list of viewers for that suffix.
I put the path in for the Adobe viewer under the custom settings with the
GUI, but the association keeps getting reset back to GVV.  I tried both
as root and a user.

1.  Have other people encountered this?

2,  I have been poking around for a file to edit to manually put
    the association into, but have not found it.  Can someone point
    me to relevant documentation or the correct file.

Thanks.

Bob Styma