Re: LDAP - getting close struggles...

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 14:52, John Haxby wrote:
> Did you restart sshd after you'd changed the config files?
>
> Something else that might help a lot is ethereal -- I used it when I was
> doing some LDAP authentication stuff and it helped enormously.
> Ethereal knows how to decode LDAP PDUs -- just put "LDAP" in the filter
> box at the bottom of the window and you get to see just the LDAP
> conversations.
----
you're a genius - of course it kicked me right off again but it did find
me on the LDAP server and authenticated me. I'm not even concerned about
sshd login by non-local users. I am trying to figure out sendmail
delivering mail but if I can't get login services, I can't expect
sendmail to work.

Thanks - I may be back here but for now, I've gotten past the block.

Craig