From: Terry Parrish [mailto:t_parrish75@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2003 6:07 PM
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Installing Linux

I am trying to install Linux Red Hat 9 on a IBM APTIVA, which as a AMD-K6-2
processor, 333 MHz processor speed, and 64MB of memory. When I get to the
point in the installation where Linux is formatting the partitions and the
installation image is supposed to be transferred to the hard drive, I get
the following error "You are trying to install on a machine which isn't
suppoed by this release of Red Hat Linux". Is this really true based off of
the information I just gave or could there but another issue?

In another attempt to install Linux, I tried to install it on a Dell labtop,

which has Pentium 3 processor, 500 MHz, and 128MB memory. This time I can
not install Linux from a CD-ROM so I try to use the rawrite utility to
create installation floopy disk but when I use this utility nothing is
copied to my floopy disk. What is the problem? I can get Linux on one of my
machines?

Terry