From: shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ralph E. Kenyon, Jr.
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 12:51 PM
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How can I set the default keymap for XFree86?

Hi All,

Every time I use startx to bring up XFree86, it reverts back to the default
keyboard.
I have to open system settings, keyboard, and select the keyboard I use
(dvorak).

If I log out of XFree86 and restart it, the settings are lost.
What do I have to change, where, to make this setting permanent, so that
the using startx will automatically load the desired keyboard?

Thanks,
"Newbie" Ralph