Re: Upgrading openoffice-1.1 rpm

Hi Thomas

> You don't use the oosetup when you install from RPM.
It runs by itself launching OOwriter from the Start menu ... !
> Just delete/move .openoffice and all will be automagically recreated to
> work with the RPM/Red Hat layout.
Did it, because I checked Fedora mailing-list before. Thanks to remind
me anyway.

> If you're interested, look in /etc/openoffice. Those are the answers it
> gives to the setup program for you when you first run it. if .openoffice
> exists it doesn't reconfigure for you.
OK checked
[ENVIRONMENT]
INSTALLATIONMODE=INSTALL_WORKSTATION
INSTALLATIONTYPE=WORKSTATION
DESTINATIONPATH=<home>/.openoffice
OUTERPATH=
LOGFILE=
LANGUAGELIST=01

[JAVA]
JavaSupport=none

> > And yes, under ...../cde, I have a bunch of empty files ...
>
> Red Hat (and most other distros) doesn't support CDE, so why include
> those files in the RPM?
Don't ask me... ;-)

> Don't use the oosetup program with an rpm install.

I don't !

I am lookingat  the shell /usr/bin/soffice. It looks for many hidden
files from precedent versions.
And I had a "tar" version 1.1 before. Maybe those files make him think
about doing another way.

Uninstalling the tar version, at the question "Do you want to erase ALL
files and DOCUMENTS..." I said no, even if I could not imagine OO
deleting my personnal documents written before. Maybe this let many
files that should not be here now.

Thanks Thomas for your answer.

I will give more news if I find the proper way to do it...

Philippe

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand