Re: Upgrading openoffice-1.1 rpm

Philippe wrote:
Hum, rpm install --nodeps OK, but OO setup works not so good.

You don't use the oosetup when you install from RPM.
Just delete/move .openoffice and all will be automagically recreated to work with the RPM/Red Hat layout.

If you're interested, look in /etc/openoffice. Those are the answers it gives to the setup program for you when you first run it. if .openoffice exists it doesn't reconfigure for you.

Also check the fedora/redhat-beta archives for some othere issues with the OOo1.1 RPMS.

I have "millions" of error messages with Retry/Ignore about trying to
copy stuff like types/tr.UTF8/vns.stardivision.chart.dt to
~/OO1-1/share/cde (this is just an example ... but every message seems
to speak about fonts.

And yes, under ...../cde, I have a bunch of empty files ...

Red Hat (and most other distros) doesn't support CDE, so why include those files in the RPM?

If somebody has a good solution, you can save the life of mu right-click
button ;-)

Don't use the oosetup program with an rpm install.

-Thomas