Re: Spam

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 09:39, Jake McHenry wrote:
> I'm currently using spamassassin and mailscanner, working well, but my
> boss doesn't want any spam to get through. I tried telling him that
> it's not going to catch everything, but he doesn't want to listen. He
> told me to look into mimedefang, which his friend told him about.
>
> Does anyone know if mimedefang is any better or worse than
> spamassassin?

Don't know what the comparison is....

However, the product is "CanIt" but it doesn't claim to be 100%
effective as you boss thinks he can get.  From their website.

Roaring Penguin Software Inc.'s CanIt is the most effective, affordable
anti-spam solution for enterprises, campuses and ISPs. It offers
unparalleled flexibility while effectively stopping 98% of spam at your
mail server — and never discarding a valid e-mail message.

http://www.canit.ca/

They have a 20 day evaluation copy available.  Why not give it and
spamassassin a try and then post your results.  :-)

You will also need to compare pricing at some point.

spamassassin  free
CanIt         not free

Ed

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.