RE: users losing interest

About all you can do is turn off all processes that don't need to be
there. IE, for a desktop environment, turn off all server services,
etc. This will make booting faster, and free up more memory for X.

If you've already done this, all I know you can do is get faster
machines.

Thanks,

Jake McHenry
Nittany Travel MIS Coordinator