Spamassassin

Ok, I'm still new at this.  I downloaded and installed Mozilla Firebird.  I
tried downloading the matching mail program (can't remember the name) and I
can get it unbunned but not unzipped nor untarred (I need to redownload it
in case it is corrupted).  Therefore I'm still using the default mozilla
mail program that came with the RH9 CDs.

I've read the docs for installing Spamassassin but it leaves me confused.
It looks like it is set for a mail server rather than just an email client?
Can I configure or install it so that it works with Mozilla Mail or (later)
Firebird's mail program?  Is there a websource someone can point me to?
Google search gives a bunch of hits but nothing I can find helps.

Right now I am still using windows to run a program called Xterminator that
will delete spam messages from the mail servers, then I can boot over to
linux and download my mail, but that violates the spirit of my converting to
linux.

- - - - -
"Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for
children to be always and forever explaining things to them."
The Little Prince
Lokrin (TechAss)
Technical Assailant
http://lokrin.net