Re: spamassassin

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 12:30, Michael Jonsson wrote:

> How do I enable spamassassin on a RedHat 9 that is
> configure for SMTP Relay with sendmail ?

Make sure spamd is running as one of your services (System Settings ->
Server Settings -> Services). Create a ~/.procmailrc file that contains
this line:

INCLUDERC=/etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-spamc.rc

That's it! Naturally, you can do fancier things, and configure
spamassassin in various ways, but the above is the simplest way to
start. After that you need to set up some kind of filters to do
something with the messages spamassassin tags as spam. Either by
creating filters in your MUA (e.g. Evolution or Mutt) or by adding
further procmail rules to ~/.procmailrc. As I use Evolution this is what
I use:

If
  Regex Match        Message Header    ^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*
Then
  Move to Folder     "Spam" in "Local Folders"
  Stop Processing

HTH, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@xxxxxxxxxxx          www.dzr-web.com