Re: up2date demo mode?

Guy Fraser wrote:

as root :

time while sleep 900 ; do if up2date --nox -uv | grep Error >/dev/null ; then echo -n . ; else break ; fi ; done

This will keep trying until successfull, wait ing 15 minutes between attempts.

RH changed up2date so it always appears to succeed, so my old script wouldn't work anymore. The "| grep Error >/dev/null" will only
be true if an error occurs, so if an error doen't occur "else break" will take us out of the loop, and were finished.

Good luck

PS somehow my Alert Icon had disappeared from my toolbar ;(
I am running this script now, so weel see how long it takes to get a connection.

sweet. being that i am new to custom scripts, what do i need to do to drop that in an executable file? just fire up vi and enter your text as written? do i need to save the file with particular extension?

--

regards,

shane