Re: Eterm rpm won't install

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 06:35:45PM -0500, William Hooper wrote:

> >> ---end quoted text---
> >>
> >> That's the same one I installed.
> >>
> >> Doesn't work because the rpm requires libast.so.2 instead of .so.1
> >
> > Which strikes me as odd, since they provide the library as a download
> > along with Eterm.  Sorry, that  was just my WAG.
>
> Seems the Eterm authors have some crow to eat:
> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=788528&forum_id=594
>
> libast.so.2 is from libast 0.6 which I guess they haven't released.
---end quoted text---

Ok, found older version here - it works.
http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/9.0/RPMS.newrpms/

But libast-devel from this site conflicts with libast rpm from this
site, weird!  But Eterm works now.

Sourceforge was down for maintenance at the time, but I take your word
on it.

I have just had much better term experience with Eterm.  I have had
problems in the past with Gnome terminal especially when logging in
remotely to another system.  This happened a couple of years ago and I
have been using Eterm ever since.  Thanks to some VIP's in the Linux
community.  Sorry I don't remember the details of the problems with
Gnome terminal.

I tried emailing the Eterm author, but my mail bounced.

Thanks again,

jay