LCD display problems

A few days ago I accidently hit the Auto-Sync button on my NEC MultiSync
LCD1920NX LCD and now the screen has shifted about an inch to the right
leaving a gap on the left side of the display.

I of course went into the on-screen display menu to nudge it over but it's
already at the left most setting.

The problem is fixed using 1024x768 or 1600x1200 but 1024 kills alot of my
real estate and 1600 doesn't display fonts properly. The monitor is
optimized for 1280x1024 and so I'd really like to fix it so it displays
properly at that resolution.

I've tried every related option in the on-screen menu as well as within the
display settings in linux but to no avail. I've also power cycled the PC and
the monitor numberous times. I've found nothing online at NEC or RedHat
(it's RH 9 Shrike BTW) that gives me any clue as to solve the problem. Oh
and the video card is an Nvidia GeForce 2 I think, RH is using the generic
nv driver which was working just fine before.

Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this and how I might be able to
fix it? Or if someone knows how to make fonts display properly at 1600 that
would be great too!

Thanks!

XLCRDesigns.COM
Dynamic Data Driven Web Development