Problems with Mozilla

I have many problems with Mozilla.  One being, on a slow GET there is
no way to stop or halt the browser.  I tried Esc, the stop button, but
nothing seems to work except to let Mozilla either time out or load
the slow page.

During this time that Mozilla seem to hang, You can't do much else in
X (using Gnome).  If you minimize the browser, the screen shows partial debree
from the browser.  Also Mozilla seems to get much slower over time and
the only cure is to x-out and start over.  Especially after viewing an
online Forum like bb2.

My system is a dual xeon 2.66 w/2GB of ram.  The problem only occurs
with Mozilla.  Other apps never stall this box, Nautilus flies onto the
screen!

Version:  Mozilla 1.2.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20030225

Video: RageXL, builtin.

Mozilla just died, I had to $kill -9 [process_id]

Any ideas?  I've tried Galeon before and got redirected to some site
when a URL that does not exist is requested.  I did not like this
hidden feature.  In other words, when requesting a URL that should
have timed out, Galeon would send me to somewhere else much like
google results that have nothing to do with your search.  Therefore I
would prefer to use Mozilla.

Perhaps there is a custom Mozilla i686 build that would work much better than
the one in RH 9.0?

Connection speed is not the problem.

I just reopened Mozilla now and I have rail-road type tracks in the
location bar!  I can click the down arrow in the Location bar and the
lines go away.

jay