Re: (no subject)

There is a 'make install'
It does (attempt) to edit the grub configuration stuff.
I don't have grub installed, and 'make install' crashes
on the failure of 'grubby'.

Curing this requires my understanding grub, which I
chose not to install so I wouldn't have to acquire that
understanding.  Any quick solutions known to the assembled?

My mailtool uses proportional type, has no rulers, and
won't wrap at a set number of chars on a line.  Please
be gracious for those who are stuck with defective tools.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

Am Fr, den 21.11.2003 schrieb Xiaonan Lu um 19:04:
> Is there
> any options in make for me to customized the kernel and copy
> everything to /boot automatically?

Isn't there a "make install" ?  If I remember correctly it copies the
whole stuff to the apropriate location and modifies grub.conf as well.
You should mark your customized kernel as customozed by modifying the
variable EXTRAVERSION ind /usr/src/linux-<version>/Makefile
appropriately.

By the way, you should adjust your mail programm to wrap lines after 80
chars. It much easier to read for a lot of participants here.

Peter

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.

www.hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated