Re: (no subject)

In the Makefile for compiling the kernel, there is an entry for new kernel location.  I think the default location is "/".  Your new compiled kernel is probably installed under "/" if you haven't changed that.  The config file for your new kernel will be in the same directory as the kernel's.

Regards,
Shan Jing

Unix Group - Americas
Deutsche Bank
2 Gatehall Drive, 3rd Floor
Parsippany, New Jersey, USA
shan.jing@xxxxxx
973.682.3463

                      "Xiaonan Lu"
                      <zplxn@xxxxxxxx>         To:       shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      shrike-list-admin        Subject:  Re: (no subject)
                      @redhat.com

                      11/21/2003 11:18
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      shrike-list

Is the /boot/config-xxx be used during boot? If it is used during boot, with the old message in /boot/config-xxx, can the system load correctly?