Re: NIS problem

    In yp.conf of your working system (NIS client) you have a line
> domain linux-thin1.blablabla.bla server 192.168.1.175
while in the /etc/sysconfig/network of linux-thin1.blablabla.bla is
> NISDOMAIN=linux-thin
I think domain should be the NISDOMAIN, not the server name.  I.e.,
assuming 192.168.1.175 is an IP number of linux-thin1.blablabla.bla,
 domain linux-thin server 192.168.1.175
But maybe if you have the correct domain in your working system's
/etc/sysconfig/network, that takes care of the domain name, and you can
just have in /etc/yp.conf of your NIS client
 ypserver 192.168.1.175

Steven Yellin