RE: Dual-Boot Shrike & SuSE9?

Am Mo, den 17.11.2003 schrieb Ow Mun Heng um 11:19:
> Actually I understand, to me it's pretty starightfoward.. Only thing is..
> If I understand it completely, this would mean that I would have 3 different
>
> bootloaders installed
>
> 1. NTloader (that will have the bootpart image of Shrike to load up Grub)
> 2. Grub laoder (after selecting RH from NTLoader, it loads up Grub for me to
> load RH)
> 3. Lilo for SUSE (or any other distros)

Correct. In the third step you should use lilo for SuSE, but you can use
whatever bootloader your distro recommends.

> Q:
>
> Can I do this??
>
> instead of your (to load suse) NTlaoder->Grub-RH-Loader->Suse Lilo Loader->
> SUSE Finally
>
> Use Bootpart to rip the MBR of /dev/hda7 (SUSE) into C:\ (/dev/hda1) and
> then add an entry into NTloader to reflect :
> 1. NT
> 2. RH
> 3. Suse
>
> Ntloader->RH or Suse in 1 step??

You guessed it: I don't know so much about Win bootloader. I gave up
with it some years ago as MS decided to let it wipe out my OS/2 system.
Grub or Lilo are much more trustworthy.

But if you can configure it to boot from two or more patitions, it
should work just the same way as grub. Win bootloader will start Lilo in
the SuSE partition which in turn loads the SuSE kernel.

Good luck

Peter