Re: Dual-Boot Shrike & SuSE9?

Barry L. Kline wrote:
On Saturday 15 November 2003 04:33 pm, Colburn wrote:

Anyone successfully dual-booting Shrike & SuSE9 on the same notebook
and/or desktop PC?

I'd like to perform some side-by-side comparisons but am concerned about
potential conflicts if I try to load SuSE9 on my notebook that already
contains Shrike.

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

You shouldn't be an issue. Depending upon how you partitioned your drive you can completely separate both installations or, if you'd like, you can share the /home, /opt, /tmp and /usr/local directories between the distros.

In any event you can share the swap partitions.

Barry

Do you suppose I can "see" my current install of Mozilla 1.5 and OO 1.1 under Shrike from SuSE 9 or is it impossible to share apps ... or is that to what you refer when you say they can share the swap partitions?

Any concerns when I go to delete one of the distros?

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e