RE: Latest glibc update ruins system?

Since they released these packages again, I tried to upgrade, and I
too received the errors formentioned. I did NOT downgrade the glibc
package, all I did was delete (rm __*) the rpm database files, and
when it recreated them, everything worked fine. Either they were
corrupted during the upgrade, or as someone mentioned (what I think
happened) is that one (or more) of the packages wasn't updated during
the first release of the upgrade. After this second upgrade, without
even trying to access the rpm database, I removed the files once again
and let rpm recreate them. So far no problems.

Thanks,

Jake McHenry
Nittany Travel MIS Coordinator
http://www.nittanytravel.com