Re: How to Access HP Colorado Tape Drive

I have done it in years, but wouldn't tar work directly?
Something of the form:
    tar -cvf /dev/st  files_to_save

As for operating the tape drive itself, the command "mt" is probably
what you need (to rewind, to eject the tape, to find the next record, etc)

Daniel

--
Daniel Robitaille