re: rdesktop grabs keys from Xscreensaver passwd box

I'm sure this issue has come up somewhere before, but I couldn't find
relevent answers on the shrike-list archives or google...

When I use rdesktop, and leave the connection open until xscreensaver
times out, and then type in my password to log on, the password gets
'caught' be rdesktop and passed to whatever is running on the remote
machine.  This is a real nuisance as I usually have a development
environment running, which catches my password.  Depending on whats
open, I've saved files / entered comments / etc, with the my plain text
password somewhere in there.

Its not sufficient to (even though I make an effort to) leave the focus
somewhere else (eg, over the gnome-terminal) because obviously I don't
know when I'm going to leave the terminal unattended for some period of
time, otherwise I wouldn't need the screensaver timeout.

I think its something to do with rdesktop grabbing the input, as well as
xscreensaver (I get some 'failed to grab input device' or similar
message when xscreensaver activates).  Any ideas would be appreciated.

rdesktop version: all stable releases I've tried as well as the current
cvs version.

TIA,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"... the Mayo Clinic, named after its founder, Dr. Ted Clinic ..."
		-- Dave Barry