From: Chet USA [mailto:chethoneynet@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 7:26 PM
To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:Conet to inernet via vmware

as u know my disc2 crashed i dont know have linux runnin right now
.....but
if u look at the vmware docs u'll find a very good explanation with some

good examples too....
but this is what i feel u should do .....double check on it though....
1)select the bridged n/w option(its the default one) while installin
linux
on a windows host.
2)give a static ip addr to ur eth0 of the virtual machine ( just to get
started ).
3)as u know this virtual adapter is connected via vmware switch to the
host
adapter ...u got to configure ur virtual guest to use the ip addr of the

host machine as the gateway for connectin to the internet.

....but also have a look at the ipaddr assigned to the vmnets before
configuring the virtual guest.
type   ipconfig   at the dos prompt and u'll see the ipaddr assigned to
the
vmware adapters.

chet.