Re: GNOME on two monitors

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 15:10, Igor Nestorović wrote:
> Hello hats,
>
> I just got an extra monitor on my work and decided to try running GNOME
> 2.2 on both of them.
>
> I know that I have to set up Xinerama in order to do that.
>
> Can someone please explain me what needs to be done, please?

Below is the/etc/X11/XF86Config file for my setup, change to suit. You
could also try the redhat-config-xfree86 package from rawhide as it now
supports xinerama. Might have a problem with Gnome 2.2 though.

Section "ServerLayout"
      Identifier     "Matrox PowerDesk configured."
      Screen         "Screen0" LeftOf "Screen1"
      Screen         "Screen1" 0 0
      InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
      InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection
                                                                                                  Section "Files"
      RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
      FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
      Load  "dbe"
      Load  "extmod"
      Load  "fbdevhw"
      Load  "glx"
      Load  "record"
      Load  "freetype"
      Load  "type1"
      Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
      Option      "Xinerama"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier  "Keyboard0"
      Driver      "keyboard"
      Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
      Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
      Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier  "Mouse0"
      Driver      "mouse"
      Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
      Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
      Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier  "DevInputMice"
      Driver      "mouse"
      Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
      Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
      Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
      Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
      Identifier   "Monitor0"
      VendorName   "ViewSonic"
      ModelName    "P220f"
      DisplaySize  410  300
      HorizSync    30.0 - 97.0
      VertRefresh  50.0 - 180.0
      Option       "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
      Identifier   "Monitor1"
      VendorName   "Philips"
      ModelName    "21B"
      HorizSync    31.5 - 94.0
      VertRefresh  40.0 - 150.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
      Identifier  "Videocard0"
      Driver      "mga"
      VendorName  "Matrox"
      BoardName   "Millennium G550"
      BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
      Identifier  "Videocard1"
      Driver      "mga"
      VendorName  "Matrox"
      BoardName   "Millennium G550"
      BusID       "PCI:1:5:0"
      Screen      1
EndSection

Section "Screen"
      Identifier "Screen0"
      Device     "Videocard0"
      Monitor    "Monitor0"
      DefaultDepth     16
      SubSection "Display"
            Depth     16
            Modes    "1920x1440" "1600x1200" "1400x1050" "1280x1024"
      EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
      Identifier "Screen1"
      Device     "Videocard1"
      Monitor    "Monitor1"
      DefaultDepth     16
      SubSection "Display"
            Depth     16
            Modes    "1920x1440" "1600x1200" "1400x1050" "1280x1024"
      EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
      Group        0