RE: Parted

>>I would really like to replace my 10 windoze boot primary with the 40GB in
a dual
>>boot config, but like I said, the bios just locks up when it tries to
communicate
>>with this device

First off.. I think your Mobo does not recognise the 40GB drive yes?? Which
means it has the <8.4GB barrier right? Okay.. have you tried installing a
drive overlay? something like ez-drive, on-track disk manager etc.. What
hard drive brand is yours? If WD, you would get the data-lifeguard
installer, if IBM, I think they use on-track disk manager.. It basically
tricks your MB bios to think it's only 8.4GB.

>>Linux uses them no problem

That's cause LInux does not go through the bios. As i understand it..

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate