Re: SSH problem

At 12:10 PM 10/27/03 -0600, you wrote:
Alberto M. R. Dávila wrote:

Thanks.

I did so, my "know_hosts" file is now empty, then logout and login into the server, and I received again the warning ""Host identification has changed", it did not ask to add the new host... any further tip ?
I am assuming that you have a user account that has the same name on both your server and your client, and you are trying to connect to the server with something like:

ssh servername

I connect from a windows client (garphical front-end : SSH), my username in the windows machine is not the same than in the RH9 machine.

and when you do, you get the warning, and you are not allowed to login.Is this the case?

Can you post the command you use to try and ssh into the server?

It is the SSH Secure Shell software (www.ssh.com) and I run it from my Windows 98SE to connect to my P4 machine running RedHat9.0.

Did this problem happen after you installed RedHat 9? Has it ever worked with RH9? When you reinstall the OS the host key will change and will not match the one on your client.

yes, it has worked with RH9 initially from both, home and at work (in the intranet), but now it is only working at work (intranet) then cannot connect from home, where I use a dial up with variable IP numbers...

Rereading your original email, I see your client is running ssh 2.4. This may be a problem. If you can upgrade the client to 3.5 that might help.

I will try !

If you can get into the server somehow, in your home directory, try a
'mv .Xauthority .Xauth.bk', then try to login from your client.

I will try this as well, thanks !

Alberto