Re: cd mount issues

did you try eject -t ? :-)

Mike Burger wrote:

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003, Mr. Baldwin wrote:

I just posted about an issue with my cd drives.
Sorry to repost so immediately, but I feel as though I may have misrepersented the problem, and further information has come to light in my foggy brain.
To recap-I have two drives, a phillips cd burner, which won't mount media upon insertion, and a regular old cdrom drive.
The cdrom drive is mounting media upon insertion although it takes several minutes to respond and mount. Then, once mounted it won't unmount (when I tell it to unmount, it automatically remounts) and the cd drive will not open and allow me to remove the media in question, unless I reboot..
I thought it significant to add that.

You might want to try, on the CD-ROM, using the "eject" command, instead. That way, it unmounts and ejects, and can't automatically remount until the drive door is closed.