Re: Add wireless adapter

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arindam Dey" <adey@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: Add wireless adapter

> On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 21:16, Glenn Williams wrote:
> >  http://acx100.sourceforge.net/qwiki/index.php?page=basic_install
>
> If it helps I got the DWL-520+ working although mine was the PCI
version
> of it using the drivers from the above site itself. The major problem
> faced was the D-Link guys had changed the chip used inside and it took
> me 3 days to realise they had done that and by the time I realised
these
> wonderful guys at acx100.sourceforge.net had already come out with a
new
> version of the driver where in I could use the following files from
the
> Windows driver and pass it the dir containing these as a parameter to
> the Linux kernel module.
>
> RADIO0d.BIN  RADIO11.BIN  WLANGEN.BIN
>

> Since then it has been working sweetly.
>
> --
> Arindam Dey

Hello, Arindam:

Thanks for responding.  My card is the PCI version, as well.  It sure is
good to hear that it will definitely work.

Would you mind furnishing a few more details about how you got the
drivers installed?  You mentioned passing a directory containing files
from a Windows driver to a Linux kernel module.

When I read that, I turned ashen with fear.  That sounds like it would
be way outside my experience and expertise.  If you could de-mystify any
of the procedure for me, I'd be forever in your debt.  On the other
hand, if you could point me toward something already written on how to
do this, that would be good, too.

If you prefer, you may contact me off-list.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Glenn
n0hn@xxxxxxxxxx