Re: Apache vs M$ Web Server Benchmarks

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote :

> At 22:06 10/22/2003, you wrote:
> >Hey.. Does anyone know where I can find some whitepaper on Apache vs M$
> >or any other webserver software. I've got some M$ ppl that tell me they
> >can get Apache (I think it's apache, since they said 'linux Web server
> >software') to crash after 5 days of Heavy Load.
> >
> >I would like to prove them wrong.
>
> It is almost impossible to take a random assertion and prove it wrong.
> Take the opposite road instead: force them to create a specific,
> repeatable, real demonstration on a real system that exhibits this
> behavior. If they cannot reliably reproduce the same behavior time after
> time, then in effect they have failed to prove their case... that is,
> they have proven themselves wrong.

Well, any 1.3.x Red Hat Linux 7.x apache will crash as soon as one of its
log files has reached 2GB... if that's after 5 days, it isn't that bad, as
I've had to change log rotation to be performed twice a day on many servers
since 2GB often took less than 24h to reach. I had a bugzilla entry for
this one... never got fixed, though :-(

Matthias

Fedora Core release 0.95 (Severn) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-20.1.2024.2.36.nptl
Load : 0.23 0.52 0.73