Re: Next RedHat version

At 21:44 10/17/2003, you wrote:
Hi folks,

I just wondering what would be the next Redhat version?
Is it based on Fedora project or something else?

The "next version" of Red Hat Linux is now Fedora. You will not see a specific product named "Red Hat Linux" any more.

I'm thinking to install a new server with Redhat 9 and just wondering about
the next upgrade for it.

I would suggest that you (a) wait a couple of weeks and install with Fedora, or (b) buy Red Hat Professional Workstation if the cost is reasonable for you. RHPW will have a much longer period of support and patches, making it a better choice for a server. And the $85 price includes a year of up2date, which is worth $60, so you're only paying $25 for the box, media, and manuals.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx