Google
  Web www.spinics.net

Re: BASH lint

>>> Gordon Messmer<yinyang@xxxxxxxxx> 10/16/03 07:02PM >>>
Use emacs' indenting features.  when you miss a special character,
indents get real funny.

I just tried making the same mistake I made a week ago and I saw nothing special in the indentation. Maybe its because I'm using xemacs and you're using emacs.

I don't see what it is you are referring to, simply because my set up apparently doesn't do anything strange with indentation as yours must. I did fix the script mode return key to use "sh-newline-and-indent" instead of the default "newline" because I wanted it to automagically indent properly when I hit the return key. The "newline" function put me at the start of a new line and I had to TAB to get a proper indent. That was too much work. Maybe my change messed up what you're referring to.

Bill Gradwohl
(817) 224-9400 x211
www.ycc.com
SPAMstomper Protected Email