Re: httpd.conf and php.ini for each domain

Am Do, den 16.10.2003 schrieb Kevin Waterson um 01:03:
> Currently I have several vhosts set up that all run fine
> and all use the same php.ini and httpd.conf settings.
> How can I set this for a per user/domain
> ie: each domain would have its own httpd.conf and php.ini
> file.

The httpd.conf and php.ini files belong to an apache process. There is
no provision to attach a http.conf/php.ini duo to a virtual host inside
one apache process.

You may start more than one apache process, each running in its own
working environement, using its own http.conf/php.ini combo. Each
process must listen to a different IP interface or if there is only one
interface, to different ports.

Usually you should gain no benefit from running several apache
processes. You can overwrite any apache directive inside the
<VirtualHost> ..</VirtualHost> combo. So each virtual server might have
a very different setup, as if there were a seperate httpd.conf for each.

You can overwrite a lot of settings of the php.ini using the
php_admin_value <configVar>  <configValue> mechanism inside each virtual
host definition. So you may end just as if you had several php.ini
files.

Peter