Re: Rpm problems I don't know what to do about

Aaron Konstam wrote:
I posted a message about rpm freezing when I tried to install chkrootkit. Well I thought I
fixed things by running rpm --rbuilddb
Well that allowed rpm -qa to run which gave me hope.
However I tried to install two other rpm's and the same thing happened. After the
preparing output of the first one the program froze and I am back where I started. What
do I do now?

Repeat these steps again. Make sure no process accesses your RPM database before you remove lock files. Run "/sbin/fuser /var/lib/rpm/*" to verify that and kill any process it reports.

Pavel.