Re: Re: DHCP Server and Internet Connection Sharing

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, David Smith  wrote:

> Thanx a lot, using the "option domain-name-servers" it worked perfect but .....
>
> What if my ISP change the DNS servers addresses ??
>
> Do I have to manually change these values ?
>
> What about de ddns-update-style.  The manual said that ad hoc ddns-update-style is deprecated and doesn't
> works.  How Can I do to get automatic  dns updates through dhcp ??

What you should probably do, if you're worried about your ISP not
maintaining their current DNS setup, is to set up your own caching DNS
server on the system that's doing your internal DHCP.  Then, you just
point your DHCP config's nameserver option line at your internal DNS
server, and have at it.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe