changing default browser

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right list to post to.

I changed my default browser by using Custom Web Browser in
Preferences->Preferred Applications and yet some applications insist on
starting up Mozilla as the default Browser.

For example, when I click on a link in Evolution mail, it starts and
displays the page in my preferred browser. However when I use Spambayes
pop3proxy it insists on starting up Mozilla. I also tried the following
(suggested by Meyer in the Spambayes list) in Python,

>>> import webbrowser
>>> webbrowser.open("http://url";)

it started up Mozilla!!

How can I fix this?