RE: Modified Split DNS Question

Anything will fulfill my requirements as long as it works. But I'm not
sure that the dns server and setup of ip addresses is the problem. I
would like to know if there is a way around using the hosts files on
the workstations. The only reason I set up the private dns zones was
to try to acomplish this.

Without the hosts file, when the workstations access nittanytravel.com
(local server), the local server responds with the public IP (which is
the ip on the outside interface of the router). Then all the
workstations in our main office end up in the logs (email and web) as
ntlh.nittanytravel.com.

This was not a problem for me, everything works, but my boss wants to
view what each machine does. Hence my problem.

Right now everything is working, but I spent 4 hours today
transferring the new hosts file to all the workstations. (I wasn't
thinking at the time to add it to their login script).

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I would like a solution
where I don't have to use the hosts file, and all of the workstations
show up in the logs with their private ip, not the public.

Does your solution provide this? From what I understand, it's
basically the same as I have now, except for the dhcp server.

Thanks,

Jake McHenry
Nittany Travel MIS Coordinator
http://www.nittanytravel.com