Split DNS Question

I have everything set up and working, but how can I set my resolv.conf so it searchs in both my private and public zones?

If I have resolv.conf set to search nittanytravel.com , domain nittanytravel.com, none of my private hosts can be found.
If I have resolv.conf set to search int.nittanytravel.com, domain int.nittanytravel.com, none of my outside hosts can be found

This is only from the LOCAL machine, but I'd like to be able to ping hosts in both zones without having to change resolv.conf.

Thanks,
Jake McHenry
Nittany Travel MIS Coordinator