Re: How to check filesystem for curroption

Ow Mun Heng wrote:

Hi All,

	My server just got hosed due to someone pulling the power plug
accidentally. Is there any way or anything that I can do to determine if
ther's any file-system curruption??

The boot-up sequence did do the fsck thingy but I was wondering if there's
any way to verify that or whether that's enough checking..

Generally speaking, the reboot will just replay the journal and that's enough. Everything of any interest is recorded in the journal. If you're feeling paranoid (e.g. you think the disk is dying) then you can hit the keyboard at the right time to force a full fsck, but it takes ages.

I crash my machines on a regular basis (to the disgust of my collegues) and I've never yet felt the need to distrust the journal replay for either reiserfs or ext3.

jch