Re: Linuxconf Trashed RH9 Boot - Fix?

> I hope the filesystem is identified as ext3 in the  fstab. If you can
> boot the system in some way that the misidentified file is not mounted
> you can use tune2fs to find out if it has a journal. If it does then
> use tune2fs to turn it temporarily into a ext2 filesystem. Boot into
> RH9 and see what is going on. Check things on the filesystem and in
> the fstab  and slowly get things back into a condition where using the
> rescue disk you can change it back into ext3.
>
> I know this all sounds like magic but today a Quicken technician fixed
> a file by getting me to change its name twice. So anything is possible.
> --
> Aaron Konstam

Linux-voodoo?

Beginning to sound a bit like the old Apple OS support "Gee, try
reloading things in a different order.  Why?  We don't know but
sometimes that solves the problem."  Sigh.

Among a few dozen files peeked at it does seem that fstab was one of
them and all seemed in order there, at least to this semi-literate Linux
hacker. Will look again.

Headed out to visit the neighbors for coffee and dessert ... will give
your suggestions a try a little later and report back.  Perhaps a little
sugar and pleasant chatter will clear the mind ... ;-)

--

  ~~~
o['|']o  Thanks! dmc

Jesus  ===  Freedom