Re: How to find an executable?

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 11:34, FrankK wrote:
> Hello List!
>
> I installed the Phoenix RPMs from Janus SW, plus the ODBC dependencies from
> elsewhere. Phoenix comes with a great set of documentation. The tutorial
> says to start Phoenix, but doesn't say how.

Normally, it should add an icon in the menu, but this is not an
obligation. Try to have a look here first.

Then, the program to launch "should" have the same name that the rpm ...
to ckeck it , type :
phoe[tab][tab]
or
Phoe[tab]tab]

[tab] mean press tabulation. It should show you all commands available
to your user beginning by those letters.

No succes (hear a bip), means that the command does not begin by these
letters, ORr it is not in your path. If the program can or should be
launched as root, try the same thing after login root (su - root).

You should be more lucky.
> The name of the executable is probably echoed to the screen during the RPM
> install. Is there an RPM install log kept by the system?
Start / System tools/ System logs ... but this will not help you a lot.

Good luck.

Philippe

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand