RE: The end of RHL for private use? [was: Fedora vs. RHL]

>>I sincerely hope that someone in the Red Hat house is taking notice of
>>this. Certanly this is not a good answer to their recent decisions.

My 2 cents... Do you think they _care_???

The whole Shrike-list is full of postings such as this.. I'm getting
swamped..

I'm disappointed..but again, I doubt there anything that one can do about
it.

There's this guy.. drovax

that says a _lot_ of things about Linux and it's adoption rate, esp in Asia
where one can literally get MS Windows 2003 server, window XP Pro, Adobe
Photoshop, DVD(with DTS sound) or any other BIG name software for as little
as USD1.25 per piece!! (DVD is USD4)

The majority of asian users are just going to walk out.. walk to the nearest
night market and get the latest windows 2003/ whatever if linux's not
available.

I'm comfortable with Redhat, but am looking at Debian/Mandrake as an
alternative and will be thinking of experimenting with it soon.. just to get
my feet wet.

Cheers,
Mun Heng, Ow
H/M Engineering