Re: Mailman

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Steven W. Orr wrote:

> =>I know, i can reinstall the old package and fix the bug manually, but i want
> =>use the new one for further updates.
>
> Yeah. Don't use Mailman. Use Majordomo2. It's light years ahead of
> Mailman.

Sorry, but I just switched from mj2 to Mailman.  The interface is cryptic,
at best, both the shell and web interfaces.  It puts the message number
into the return path address, but there doesn't seem to be a way to feed
"list-owner-M##" back into the list manager, so bounces are not
automatically processed by the listserv, as happens in Mailman.  Mailman's
list creation/deletion commands are much simpler to grok.  The
administration and subscriber web interfaces are much simpler to work
with.

I liked the idea of mj2...it pretty easily imported my old mj 1.94
lists...but I shouldn't have had to keep hand holding for my list owners.

With Mailman, I don't have to.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe