Re: Kickstart & Disk Image: was....

Buck wrote:

Can KickStart setup users, folders, etc.?

Not all of that's built in to kickstart, but a kickstart file contains an optional shell script for post-install operations. Anything that you can script in shell can be done by kickstart in that section.

And what about things like samba.conf...any hope in it setting that up
to?

You could include an smb.conf in the kickstart script, or get one from the network post-install. The best method depends on what you want samba to do on that machine, I suppose.

Years back I was known as an expert in creating DOS batch files.  I
imagine that if I commit myself to a good study of Kick Start I might
spoil myself too.  That would certainly be to my benefit for sure.

Study shell scripting. There's not much to kickstart. It's basically just a list of the choices you would make during the install. You can configure all of the settings using the graphical "redhat-config-kickstart" tool, without any loss of flexibility. The flexibility is mostly in the post-install shell script.