Re: The end of RHL for private use? [was: Fedora vs. RHL]

Buck wrote:

> Right you are on the re-boots, but it still takes at least an hour
> for me to install Linux.  As for pre-XP releases, I can install them
> in less than 10 minutes as I have a special configuration setup for
> that.

Kickstart should work just fine. If you are using Symantec Ghost or
similar software, just make an image of an installed system, and after
copying the image onto the new system, just run redhat-config-network to
set computername and IP-address. You can even include all user profiles,
no hassle with that SID... I'm not sure if Ghost gets along with Linux
partitions, I just use dd.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/